Form SET(M)

Settlement in the UK

UK Settlement or Indefinite Leave to Remain allows you to live and work in the UK without restrictions on length of stay. You will also have access to such benefits as government-funded medical care, education, and a pathway to British citizenship.

Form SET(M) is the application form for UK Settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) for the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner of a British citizen or settled person.

UK Spouse Visa

The requirements for UK Settlement using form SET(M) are:

  • Currently have temporary permission to remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled here;
  • Have lived in the UK for 2 years in this category; and
  • Are planning to live with your UK partner.

EEA National

If you are a national of country from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and your partner is an EEA national living in the UK, then you should not use form SET(M) to apply for UK Indefinite Leave to Remain. You instead should apply for a UK residence card or permanent residence under EEA regulations using form EEA2 or EEA4.