UK Visas

UK Visas are available under many diverse categories. Select the appropriate category below to find a summary of the visa category or select the section header to learn in depth details.

Visit the UK

The United Kingdom is a very popular tourism destination and you can learn more about how to visit the UK for short periods of time here. Most tourism visas are granted for a total of six months and no longer.

Short business trips to the UK are handled very similarly to tourism visas and as long as you do not accept a new job within the UK on your trip you can visit on tourism frequently.

Study UK

Some of the oldest and best regarded schools in the world, Oxford and Cambridge, are located in England. Students can choose from a few different visa options for going to the UK to study.

  • Tier 4 is for adults who wish to pursue their tertiary studies in the UK.
  • Tier 4 can also be used for children from ages 4 to 17 to study in England as well.
  • The Student Visitor visa is for adults who wish to pursue a short course of study (less than six months) in the UK. There is an equivalent visa for children as well.
  • Prospective Students can get a visa to tour the schools in the UK to help them decide which course of study is best.

Working in the UK

The United Kingdom has a very active and robust economy and there are many different visas available for people who want to immigrate to work in the UK.

  • Tier 1 visas are for particularly exceptional peoples who can contribute significantly to the UK as well as investors and entrepreneurs.
  • Tier 2 is used for the Skilled Worker system.
  • Tier 5 visas are also known as Temporary Worker visas. These visas are issued for no longer than 12 months in the UK.

UK Family Visa

UK immigration policy works to keep families together. Visas are available for people wishing to: visit family in the UK; settle in the UK with British citizen or settled person; or become the partner through marriage or civil partnership of a British citizen or settled person.

EEA Family Permit

Relatives of European Economic Area or Swiss nationals are eligible for a UK family permit. The EEA family permit acts as a visa giving you permission to enter and remain in the UK. If you are not an EEA national but are related to one, this permit is for you.

UK Visa Extension

If you are in the UK on a work or study visa, you may be eligible to apply for an extension of stay. An extension of stay will lengthen the period of time you are legally eligible to be living in the UK.

UK Tier Visa

The UK Tier Visa system is a points-based visa category system. Applicants must score a minimum number of points on an assessment test to be eligible for a visa. The test takes into consideration such factors as age, fluency in the English language, and other factors dependent on the specific Tier under which you apply. There are five different tiers:

  • Tier 1, High-Value Migrants;
  • Tier 2, Skilled Workers;
  • Tier 3, Unskilled Workers;
  • Tier 4, Adult Students; and
  • Tier 5, Temporary Workers.